The health and wellbeing of our guests and employees are of utmost importance to us. As we strive to provide an enjoyable and carefree experience at our hotels and resorts, we have enhanced our protocols for health and sanitation due to Covid-19. We have been closely monitoring updates from the Greek Ministry of Health, the Greek Ministry of Tourism, and the Greek Government’s guidelines regarding protection from Covid-19.
Our management and staff are working hard on a daily basis to ensure that Amyth complies with all the official hygiene & safety protocols issued by the Greek Authorities. Please take a few minutes and read the below measures and instructions:
1. “Health First” certificate
Health First confirms that Amyth Mykonos is certified & follows the Government’s guidelines and that safety protocols are in place. Health First - Protocols for Covid-19
2. Cleaning Protocols & Products / Housekeeping Guest Rooms
• Use of disinfection products and health protocols to clean rooms, with a particular focus on frequently touched surfaces. All rooms and air-conditioning units are cleaned and disinfected prior to any new guest arrival.
• Decorative fabrics, hotel folders and similar items have been removed from our rooms.
• Room cleaning service is scheduled daily and the change of linen every three days, during the guests’ absence only, according to safety protocols. We advise our guests to inform our Reception in case they wish their room to be cleaned on a different frequency.
• Our textiles and towels are washed over 70oC and treated according to safety protocols.
• Visitors are not allowed in guests rooms.
• Hand Sanitizer dispensers are placed in all common areas.
• Redesign of common areas, furniture has been moved or re-arranged, in line with new legislation, to allow space for social distancing.
• Signage is used in the lobby & all public areas to remind our guests to maintain the appropriate social distancing rules within our premises.
• All public areas and WCs are cleaned and disinfected regularly during the day.
3. Check-in & Check-out Policy
• Our Reception staff has been trained on providing guests with all the necessary information and guidance upon arrival.
• A desk partition screen has been placed as an extra precautionary measure.
• According to the new regulations, check-in time is altered to 15:00 and check-out to 11:00, so that each room is properly cleaned, disinfected and aired.
• Room keycards are sanitized, before being handed to our guests.
• We encourage all our guests to use our contactless web check-in services.
• Contactless payment options are encouraged and available.
4. Food & Beverage
• We follow the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) principles in every step.
• Our staff is properly trained and follows all safety protocols in the food delivery process.
• Hands sanitizer dispensers are placed at the entrance to the Bar and Restaurant.
• Tables’ set-up and sitting plan of our restaurant, is arranged according to the recent health and safety guidelines.
• Furniture and equipment are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
5. Swimming Pools
• PH and chlorine levels are regularly monitored in order to guarantee 24/7 pool sanitization.
• Sun loungers as well as the rest of the pool equipment, is thoroughly cleaned every morning. After each use, the sun loungers are disinfected.
• Sun loungers are arranged at 2m distance from each other, around the pools.
• Spreading a towel over the sun loungers is mandatory. We provide fresh towels washed at the appropriate temperature.
• Swimming – according to the new legislation a limited number of guests (1 person per 2.5 sq. m) is allowed to swim at the same time.
6. Fitness Centre - Spa – Sauna
• The fitness centre is available only by reservation, for a maximum of two persons (of the same room) at the same time.
• The fitness centre is placed outdoors offering a continuous intake of fresh air.
• After each use the fitness centre, it will be cleaned and disinfected.
• Spa treatments are available by appointment only and guests must wear masks during treatments. Treatment rooms are cleaned and sanitized between each session.
7. Health & Safety protocols for our staff
• A strict action plan has been implemented to prevent the spread of infection and effectively handle any suspicious cases among our guests, employees and associates.
• A hotel coordinator has been appointed to supervise the plan in each department.
• Our staff is trained and certified in covid-19 protection and prevention, on the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment, and the implementation of emergency action plans.
• Our staff undergo daily temperature and covid-19 symptoms checks.
• All hotel employees are provided with all necessary PPEs.
• All suppliers accessing the hotel follow the required safety measures.
8. Collaboration with a Doctor
Amyth Mykonos collaborates with a Doctor responsible for any possible case of our in-house guests 24/7. The Doctor acts on the instructions of ΕΟΔΥ (National Organization for Public Health) for the control of covid-19 and is trained to take nasopharyngeal samples for molecular testing from a suspected case. The Doctor will also monitor the suspected case and their close contacts via tele medicine.
9. Transfer Services
All the transfers arranged through our concierge will comply with the health and safety regulations:
• Maximum number of guests depending on the vehicle type.
• Appropriate cleaning procedure of the vehicle before and after the service.
10. Record of staff members and guests
For the purpose of public health protection, we keep a record of staff members and all guests staying at the hotel including their name, surname, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail), to enable tracing of any close contacts of covid-19 confirmed cases, which may be subsequently identified. The hotel reception also records and updates a covid-19 event logbook.
All guests and staff are informed that these records are kept for the protection of public health, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and National Law 4624/2019.
• It is your responsibility to report to our staff any symptoms you might have, even if they are minor.
• It is your responsibility to report to us if you think that you have been in contact with a possibly infected person.
All the above measures are valid until further notice and may be updated following the instructions issued by the Greek Government. For more information about the covid-19 Health & Safety protocols that have been applied to Hotels, according to the instructions of National Health Organization (ΕΟΔΥ), please check Health First - Protocols for Covid-19
Welcome to Greece
Click here to learn more about the Greek government requirements and PLFCI
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] We would be delighted to assist you and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon!
The Hotel Management Team